Friday, January 13, 2006

lobster, not so treif?

Not if it's what you look like after a glorious vacation to the Bahamas ( not to make anyone jealous God forbid!)

yes, my short dissapearence form bloggland was due to some well deserved R and R in Nassau ( the island, not the county on Long Island)
After a 25 hour shift in the diarrhea diagnosis center( ER) I was on my way! I ran straight to the airport, and just made my flight. It was a nice start as there were only 50 people aboard and I had a whole row and leg room to stretch out and sleep three hours.

I arrived in sunny Bahamas, a nice 73 degrees, and sun strong enough to turn my skin to a nice russett hue. I found my room in the giant, but very ugly and creepy hotel ( more creepy stories to come, just wait!) this was no 4 star, I learned once again, that there are no good deals on expedia!
After a breakfast of Edy's Rum Raisin( doesn't Rum have something to do with the bahamas? I considered it cultural immersion) It was off to the beach.

Unfortunately, vacation is often where I learn that there really are people named Verne, with tattoos that say " RV's are my true love" I am glad to be a stuck up New Yorker sometimes!
I avoided the straw chewin bahama mama T shirt wearing bumpkins, found my place in the "shade" and took a little nap....... oops four hours later, I awake in a daze to a voice and answer, "ok, I'll take a pina colada in a souveneir glass"- well that put me out ten bucks and another hour.

I managed to get back to my room and dressed in time to start making my wayinot the big city of Nassau.
"Com'on my lady, we are off to a wild ride" said the driver of the number 10 bus that I flagged down...
and we were...

more to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home