Monday, December 19, 2005

no, that's my mom

I was post call today and like clock-work arose at 5 PM to start my day! I decided I could either go to the gym or to the city and check out some holiday deals. guess which one I picked?
no surprise! ( after all, getting a good deal definitely gets my heart rate up! that's completely aerobic exercise!)
anyway, sans a transit strike, I got to the city with the lovely q65a and then the E. I heard banana was having their first day of their winter sale so I stopped by. I was looking pretty cute in my kelly green wool winter coat( J crew sale catalog, online shopping addicts anonymous buy of the month) and my black kitten heel boots( go Target!) and my mock fendi bag. I approached a really cute brooch that would look great on my coat, suddenly, ninja saleslady does a backflip over her sword, takes her stance and goes in for the attack, "Mrs. can I help you with anything?" without a moment to even process I go for the high kick, "excuse me! ... Mrs?????????" and give her the stare down. she aint no preteen herself! "Oh, I'm sorry madam, can I help you with that pin? Is it a gift for a special young girl?"

let's just say ninja saleslady won't be home for christmas......
ok, really, I lost my nerve, put down the grenade and walked out of the store.

am I getting that old?????
this is not good as I am aproaching my birthday.

to console myself I went on a small shopping spree:
one floral scarf as a gift for my olders sister to wear in her hair when she gets married.
a bcbg long jean skirt with a cute elastic thing that goes in under the butt.
fur lined black ballet slippers-to wear to work( just 29 shmucks!)
and some MAC cover up --- thank G-d she didn't try to sell me wrinkle cream!

what's a girl to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home