Tuesday, December 13, 2005

running around the library in a bunny suit

why am I 26 ( not a day over 21) and being hazed in a fraternity?
confused readers, stick with me.

As you all likely know, I am a pediatrics resident. I arrived with lofty goals such as :
seeing patients
healing patients
being happy
making money- some...
getting an edjumication

instead I have spent 6 months ( yes friday marked the end of 6 rotations!):

being yelled at by people who might just be my age
made to do things that have absolutely nothing to do with my 20+ years of education- like being a wheelchair transporter, collecting urine cups, restocking the cabinets, washing down the examination room furniture, bringing parents straws and watching their purses at the medical desk when they leave their rooms.

It is no wonder that 90 percent of my patients' parents call me "that nice nurse"
( nothing against nurses, but they don't have a 200,000 debt weighing on their ego)

so in the end,
when I grow up I want to be a doctor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home