Monday, September 11, 2006

Recharged!

I just wanted to let you know that this morning I did not curse under my breath as I drove to work, nor did I worry about how late I was going to be because the highway drivers took the "high" part too literally. Instead, I smiled and sang out "shabbos kodesh"- eventhough it is manic Monday.
No, I haven't lost it yet...
but I have been recharged!
This weekend was awesome.
I went away to a neighborhood that I love, firstly because some of my favorite friends live there (not that I have any friends that are less favorite), but also because people there are genuine. They are open, welcoming, interesting to talk to and for the most part chilled-out. And they even listen to my rants about dating! I would live there in a NY minute if I could get teleported to work every day.
Most importantly, Shlomo Katz was there for shabbos! ( www.shlomokatz.com) His music just gets to me. He sings with such soul, such intensity, that I feel each word as if it was my own heart's utterance (no, that sentence was not written with the help of any "medications") The dancing was also so much fun, 5 of my friends from college were there and we all danced like you dance when you are alone in your living room and blasting the radio (don't deny it, I just know you do..) Also, it doesn't hurt that I have a small rock star crush on him. Somewhere inside I am still a 5th grader, I think I was blushing when I said hey and thanked him for the concert. In case you are wondering, Shlomo didn't propose right then and there.

The weekend then got even better, Saturday night I had a sleep-over(since we are in 5th grade) with another friend, we ate noodle kugel till 2 AM, read Cosmo and then she so rudely woke me at 7! 7!!!! to get to the race. How I wanted to roll back over and sleep till Monday..

The race was incredible, as usual. It is so inspiring to see all those women and some men get up early on a Sunday to run together in the park for the sake of millions suffering. I raised almost 700 dollars!!(thank you friends and family who made that possible) It is so much more fun to run with friends and to have perfect strangers handing me cups of water and cheering me on (think I could convince them to stand by my treadmil at the gym?) Also it happened to be a great run, I was not out of breath, in no pain and actually felt that I could run another 5K! (or maybe watch someone else do it while noshing on the free chips they were handing out).

If that wasn't fun enough, my running partner(yeah!!!! Go you!) and I went to a yummy brunch in the city. We had my favorite food(lox) and peanut butter mousse cake (heaven on a plate). Life was sweet until I spied at the next table, an ex boyfriend, his wife and a nanny holding their baby! Are they celebrities? who brings a nanny to brunch to play with your young? I was having such a good time until then.. luckily we avoided eye contact.

The fun continues!

I then bought shoes (animal print ballet flats, I'm sure they will mach with everything) and a cute black dress that doesn't make me look like J. Lo.

I then visited my 20 year old sister at work and a coworker asked us who was older!!! hah! could the day have been better?

next I met some friends for shmoozing and bagels for dinner.

By the time I got home, I just crashed and got 7 full hours of sleep!!

What a weekend!

Don't be jealous, I am at the hospital on call now, wearing my new shoes, humming "shabbos kodesh"..

3 Comments:

Blogger Drew Kaplan said...

they even listen to my rants about dating!
Yours are hilarious and insightful - why not listen to them?

4:38 PM  
Blogger 29 and mighy fine said...

Thank you, Drew!
You have an eye for true talent!
And your blog is pretty darn insightful too, here's a shameless plug for you:

www.drewkaplans.blogspot.com

check it out, devoted readers!

Shabbos shalom,
SG

10:02 PM  
Blogger Drew Kaplan said...

aw, shucks, thanks
the trick is now for me to touch my blog for the first time in three weeks

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home