Wednesday, August 30, 2006

but I have a ticket in my hand...


Normally, I go about my single life, like I wait at the DMV ( see prior posting " I met my bashert at the DMV). it is tortuous and at times depressing to be waiting and waiting, but I know they WILL call my number one of these days. Sometimes, though, I have a day like today, I followed my routine evening of post gym- email checking, visiting www.frumster.com to check out the senior citizens who had three previous wives, the only ones that seem to be smitten by my profile. I move along to www.sawyouatsinai.com to learn that no one must have seen me at Sinai maybe they weren't looking up- I am pretty tall...) and those "studs" that didn't decline a match with me yet didnt accept either and are just sitting and waiting for me to age so that I have to change my photo. then I moved on to www.endthemadness.org to put some perspective on my wallowing in self pity. Instead, I got so angry because someone posted/boasted about having 28 dates this summer ( have I had that many in this century?) Well might as well kick myself when I'm down, so I moved along to www.onlysimchas.com to be a yenta, check out dresses and cry a little ( and of course" gain joy from the simchas of others" ) and then I stumbled upon this picture above. Forget the DMV, these people aren't even old enough to drive. Look at them smile the "I just got my braces off" smiles, bet they'll be buying school supplies soon! ( no offense to the owl in michigan, shout out, you "lolita") why do some people breeze through effortlessly ? like those women in the shampoo comercials walking confidently out of the salon without a care in the world, while I am pushing and pushing a revolving door the wrong way to step out into a rain soaked day. can you sense lyrics to a song coming from this?
why is it not a nisayon ( test) for some, while others seem to be stuck in The Oddysey?
specifically me!!
I have the ticket with a number in my hand, I swear!
I drove to the DMV, got all the right forms filled out, so why am I still waiting?
I sometimes fear that I will look back down at my ticket and the number will be erased, replaced with an infinity sign. It does feel like it has been that long.

can you be carded at your own wedding?

don't cry for me Argentina....

SG

1 Comments:

Blogger Drew Kaplan said...

funny - they are sooo young-looking
such amusing insights on the Internet stuff, but why call it Yenta-like? I do it, too, although I just check their RSS feed

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home