Thursday, August 31, 2006

Forget speed dating...


SG has discovered a brand new category of dating, it blows speed dating out of the water!!!

announcing, male sit on your butt dating!!!

here is how it goes:

Random cute boy approaches hot girl at work (that would be me of course!)

"hey SG!" "Good to see you!"

(really? Are we friends? SG thinks in her head and smiles her Miss America "I love world peace and small bunnies" smile)

"Yeah, GREAT to see you too! (my lips are hurting from this painted grin!)

"So are you going to be in the city again for shabbos?" he asks-- random boy refers to the fact that he saw hot girl in a pizza place in the city sat night- which she stopped at to grab a bite after some lame singles event. Though she wasn't actually in the city for shabbos, and random boy and hot girl never said Hi or smiled or even acknowledged that they saw each other (very New York) !!!

SG replies, "No, I will be home for shabbos, you?" - "I will be at MY place, in THE CITY!" random boy boasts.

"so, hey, if you are ever in the city, come for a meal!" he says- as if offering me the winning lotto ticket....

Yeah, unfortunately, I have heard that one before... Just 3 weeks ago, I went to a singles event, spent almost an hour smiling and chit chatting with some guy, at the end, no, he doesn't ask for my number, instead says "if you are ever in the city, I should have you for a meal"- WTF!!!!- honestly, is that the best you can do?

SG has done some analysis of the line as it has been used on 2 individual occasions by 2 very unrelated men who both live in"the city". Here's what I think. In the city man's simple simple mind: The city is like the harem, why would any straight man want to leave? But sometimes you find a stray hottie outside the harem -hey why not invite them to join? That way, you get to stay in the harem and get to enjoy the presence of said hottie, and if it doesn't work out, there's always the harem. From now on it shall be renamed sit on your butt dating.

OK back to the story. In my head I replied, "uhm, no, it would be an honor to have me join your shabbos meal, and I shall decided when to grace you with the honor"

but out of my mouth came the let me call your bluff line: "really, do I have your email? How should I get in touch"

clearly he was taken aback, ha! Take that random cute boy!

-"oh, just look me up"- he replied

and I will do just , if I am ever looking for someone to wash my car...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad I don't have to deal with the UWS shtick anymore, though it's only marginally better where I live. I must admit, I am super-curious about who the blowhard who thinks he's the cat's meow is!

the owl.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home